In the digitized world of customer communication, creating authentic and personal relationships with clients has become a top priority for businesses. Bonjoro, a platform focused on improving customer engagement via personalized video messages, is ambitious in its efforts to humanize and elevate business-client interactions.
At the heart of the Bonjoro platform is the creation and sending of personalized video messages. The engagement potential of video is unquestionable, but does Bonjoro hit the mark?
In this article, we’ll take a close look at the platform, revealing its pros and cons, and providing a review of some alternatives so you can find the right platform for your business.
How Does Bonjoro Work?
Here's a simplified step-by-step guide on how to use it:
- Sign Up/Login: First, you need to sign up with Bonjoro or log in.
- Integration: Integrate Bonjoro with your existing platforms such as CRM, email marketing tool, e-commerce platform, or others.
- Video Creation: When a trigger event occurs (like a new customer sign-up), Bonjoro notifies you to create a personalized video for that customer. You can then manually record a video for them.
- Send: Send the video via email to your customer.
- Track Engagement: Track customer interactions such as opens, plays, and clicks on calls-to-action
Let’s shed light on Bonjoro’s features, integration capabilities, and user experience.
- Video Messaging: Create and send video messages to customers’ emails.
- Reminders: Partly automate the process of sending videos by getting reminders to record a video based on specific events.
- Integration: Integrate the platform with various other tools and applications in your tech stack.
- Tracking: Track opens, views, and click-through rates of the videos you send.
- Custom Branding: Customize the appearance of your video messages by adding your brand logo, colors, and call-to-action buttons.
- Testimonials: Send testimonial requests to your customers, store their responses, and share the results via email, social media, or your linked website.
Why Use Bonjoro?
Customer reviews reveal what organizations like about Bonjoro:
- Individualized video messages can help them stand out from the competition and establish personal connections with customers
- Integrating with sales and CRM platforms assists with automation
- Structured testimonial requests allow customers to easily respond in text or video form
- Advanced scheduling features mean users can produce content for later distribution
However, though these are positives, these features don’t necessarily make Bonjoro unique.
While Bonjoro is a decent video platform, its biggest limitation is its lack of scalability. If you need to send a message to a long list of people, you have to record each video one at a time.
So yes, though it alerts you when a customer needs to get a video, if you have 500 customers (or ideally more), you’ll be spending days sending videos for just one touch point. This turns a tool that was meant to save time into an anchor, dragging your team’s productivity levels down. This means Bonjoro is really best for small businesses with very few customer interactions to manage.
Here are some other areas of improvement noted by Bonjoro customer reviews:
- Missing features mean some customers run a parallel software program to cover their needs
- Integration and automation hiccups occur, and it doesn’t integrate with some platforms as well as others
- It’s difficult to see which videos were previously sent to a customer
- If a customer doesn’t want to receive videos, there’s no easy way to flag that on the system, running the risk that you spam your customers
- Delayed sending is an issue for some customers
- Answering written replies sent from video receivers can be incredibly time-consuming
- System updates can cause sending messages to fail
Bonjoro serves sales teams, marketing departments, customer success representatives, SaaS companies, Ecommerce businesses, online education platforms, charity organizations, and entrepreneurs. Some of their customers include Spi, Design Pickle, Heart Foundation, and CXL.
Bonjoro provides several plan options:
- Personal: This plan is free for entrepreneurs, startups, and teams of up to 3 people. It includes video messaging, unlimited screen recordings, and unlimited text testimonials.
- Starter: $19/month for individuals or small teams of up to 3 people. It adds custom branding, the ability to add CTA buttons to your videos, and up to 25 video testimonials.
- Pro: individuals pay $33/month, and teams of up to 5 people pay $59/month. This plan adds on unlimited videos, the ability to schedule videos, and up to 250 video testimonials.
- GRRRowth: Individuals pay $69/month, while teams with up to 10 users pay $149/month. This plan unlocks group videos, a custom domain, unlimited video testimonials, and more.
The Bottom Line on Bonjoro
Any personalized video message – whether produced through Bonjoro or another platform – can elevate communication beyond traditional text-based messages.
The real question is whether the solution is scalable and actually saves teams time. While Bonjoro allows you to record and send video messages, it’s limited by how many videos your team can send out and record. That’s just not a sustainable solution for businesses looking to scale their personalization efforts and see true ROI.
Best Bonjoro Alternatives
While Bonjoro has a place in the realm of personalized video messaging, it’s not the sole player (or leader) in this evolving field. Let’s explore some Bonjoro alternatives to help you discern the best tool for your business requirements and customers' expectations.
Tavus is a groundbreaking AI-powered video personalization platform designed for mid-sized businesses and enterprises. The platform allows users to record a single video template and identify variables to personalize, like names, company names, addresses, products, etc.). Then, Tavus’ AI uses HD lip syncing and voice cloning to create a custom video for every recipient.
Here’s how it works:
1. Record your message on the Tavus platform. This acts as the template for subsequent personalized videos.
2. Define the variables in your template that you’ll change for each recipient. It could be a tailored introduction, a call out by name, a query about their latest purchase, or even a unique background tailored to each recipient.
3. Collect your customized data into a data file, upload it to the platform, and let Tavus do its magic. Utilizing its state-of-the-art AI lip-syncing and voice cloning technology, Tavus generates a unique video for each dataset to send via your established channels.
4. Or, leverage the dynamic triggering capabilities of Tavus to dispatch videos based on actions taken by the recipient. Integrating with over 100 marketing, sales, e-commerce, and communication platforms, Tavus allows you to establish multiple programmatic touchpoints without requiring any other input on your part.
- AI-Powered Personalization: Tavus uses cutting-edge voice cloning and HD lip-syncing capabilities to personalize video content for each recipient – without having to record each variable individually.
- Automated Workflow: Tavus automatically generates and sends personalized videos based on various triggers which include elements like form submission or purchase action.
- Scalability: The platform is designed to scale video production as the number of recipients grows, making it a suitable option for businesses needing large-scale video personalization. You can send out one hundred videos–or one million–all based on a single record.
- Branded Landing Pages: Users can fully customize their landing pages using their brand's color scheme, logos, titles, URLs, and CTAs, thereby creating a unique and immersive user experience. You can even add scrolling backgrounds of webpages specific to the receiver.
- Advanced Integrations: Tavus integrates with over 100 platforms, including CRM systems, e-commerce tools, and marketing software, enabling users to share their videos through a wide variety of channels, including sending through email.
- Video Analytics: Track unique video views, total video views, unique landing page impressions, total landing page impressions, and CTA conversions.
Best for: Tavus is the right fit for organizations and teams that need to scale their video communication in all verticals of their business. From sales to marketing to customer success, Tavus allows you to personalize every touchpoint in any workflow.
Tavus vs Bonjoro
Tavus and Bonjoro are both video messaging tools that support personalization efforts, but they have significant differences.
- Level of Video Personalization: Tavus’ advanced AI means you can personalize any variable you want without having to record more than one video. Easily upload a CSV file with the variables you’d like to personalize, including names, companies, quote prices, addresses, locations, and more to create as many incredibly realistic videos as you need. Then, with their drag-and-drop function, customize each landing page to reflect your brand. Include CTA’s, custom colors, titles, and logos, or add your website link and let the software pull the brand aesthetic for you. On the other hand, Bonjoro users manually record every video message and can only add a few branding options.
- AI Capabilities: With advanced HD lip syncing, voice cloning, real media blending, and hyper-customizable templates, all you have to do is record one video, and then Tavus generates a new video for every customer and their unique situation. Bonjoro doesn’t offer AI personalization features.
- Automated Workflow: With Tavus, users establish triggers that cause a personalized video to be sent instantly following a specific customer action. You need to do is record the video template and then define a trigger–after which each customer receives a personalized video when they perform that action. In Bonjoro, users define the triggers, and then the system reminds them when it’s time to manually record and send a video each time a customer completes that action. It doesn't automate the creation or sending of personalized videos based on triggers–requiring a lot of time spent on the video creator's end.
- Integration: Both platforms allow integration with other tools, but Tavus stands out with its capability to integrate with over 100 platforms, enhancing its flexibility and adaptability in various business workflows.
- Scalability: Increase your ROI without increasing your people power or time inputs! Create one video and Tavus automatically generates the rest, whether it’s for one customer or a million, without additional manual input or time lost to video production. Bonjoro requires manual recording of every video for every customer–an unsustainable model that turns your team’s focus to filming videos instead of the tasks that matter.
Let your personality shine with personalized videos made by Tavus. See increased engagement, higher retention rates, increased conversions–and a better bottom line.
Loom is a video recording tool that allows users to create, share, and store video messages. The platform allows users to capture their screen, voice, and face, and then share the recording via a link. Organizations mostly use it internally to share information and reduce the need for meetings.
- URL Generation: Once users record a video, Loom generates a URL for sharing
- Multi-platform Options: Loom works on Windows, Mac, iOS, and as a Chrome extension
- Recording Abilities: Record your whole screen, a specific app window, or just a tab in Chrome in addition to your webcam and microphone.
- Video Editing: Use basic editing capabilities like trim and stitch
- Video Storage: Store your videos on Loom's cloud and keep your local storage free
- Viewer Insights: Loom provides analytics showing who viewed the videos and when
Best for: Teams looking to share internal communication via video recordings.
Vidyard is a video platform offering hosting, management, and creation tools. Users record and share videos, integrating them into their existing business workflows due to Vidyard's compatibility with popular CRM systems and marketing automation software.
- Video Creation and Hosting: Users record their screen, themselves, or both to create, host, and share videos
- Video Analytics: See who is watching each video, how much they watch, and when they stop watching
- Personalization: Users can personalize videos to create unique experiences for each viewer, fostering a deeper connection with their audience
- Integration: Integrate with CRM, marketing automation software, and content management systems to incorporate video into existing workflows
- Interactive Video Elements: Vidyard supports interactive elements such as call-to-action buttons and forms within videos
Best for: Sales teams of various sizes.
Bombbomb is a video marketing software that aims to help businesses enhance their digital communication through video messages. Similar to Bonjoro, it integrates with existing tools and requires manual recording of videos.
However, their service differs in that they analyze your email sequence and identify the best opportunities for video messages. Your team then produces these videos–without personalized information–and sends them out to customers when they arrive at different points of the sales journey.
- Video Email: Users record and send personal video messages directly within their emails.
- Tracking & Analytics: BombBomb provides real-time alerts when emails or videos trigger and offers analytics to help users evaluate the effectiveness of their videos.
- Screen Recording: In addition to face-to-face videos, BombBomb allows screen recording.
- Integrations: BombBomb integrates with numerous other platforms, like Gmail, Outlook, Salesforce, and more.
- Mobile App: With BombBomb's mobile app, users record and send videos on the go.
- Snippets: This feature allows you to script and save pieces of text that you frequently use in your emails, saving time on repetitive messaging.
- Coaching and Resources: BombBomb offers a library of resources, and coaching to help users get the most out of their video messaging.
Best for: Sales teams, insurance companies, real estate agents, and mortgage companies.
Choose the Best Video Engagement Platform
Today, most businesses understand the emotional impact of video. Thanks to their ability to drive stronger human connections, videos can lead to better leads, high conversion rates, and improved retention.
The impact of personalized videos is even greater: personalized videos are 35% more likely to retain viewers than non-personalized videos. But, you need the right personalized video software to see this success.
While Bonjoro could help you start your personalized video strategy, it’s not a scalable solution. You still have to record an entire video for every person you want to send it to, which can quickly kill any ROI potential.
For brands looking to amplify their video engagement–without having to record a new video every single time–Tavus’ cutting-edge AI video generation is the solution. You record one video, choose what variables you want to be personalized, and then Tavus AI makes hundreds, thousands, or millions of videos customized to every receiver. The advanced cloning technology so that it’s your face, voice, and message building personal connections with your audience – every time.
Rather than spending resources on recording personalized messages for individual customers, let Tavus' AI do the work so you can focus on building your business and perfecting your product.