One of the most successful methods of improving engagement is through video messaging and marketing. Businesses are continuously exploring innovative ways to connect with their customers, and video messaging has some of the greatest success. This medium captivates audiences by combining visuals, sound, and motion for a more engaging and personal mode of communication that can elicit strong emotions from viewers.
Today, we jump into the concept of video messaging, discuss its varied use cases, and recommend some of the best video messaging platforms for the quickest ROI.
What is a Video Message?
A video message is a form of digital communication that involves sending a brief video clip that conveys a message or idea. Compared to traditional messages that may only include images or text, video messages combine engaging audio and video to drive the ultimate emotional impact.
Whether you create scripted video messages with polished production, akin to a commercial advertisement, or send an informal, personalized video through email, this medium brings a human touch to digital communication thanks to its ability to convey tone, mood, and personality.
Benefits of Video Messaging
By providing a richer, more human experience than text or voice alone, video messages offer a multitude of benefits.
Engagement & Retention
Communication is 7% words, 38% tone of voice, and 55% body language. If that’s the case, how can we expect to catch anyone’s attention through an email or text message?
Videos memorably communicate ideas and allow us to connect emotionally with our viewers, fostering deeper connections and higher engagement. For example, people spend 2.6x times longer on website pages that include videos than those without.
Video messages, with their mix of engagement, clarity, personalization, trust, and clear calls to action, significantly boost business conversions. They present complex ideas simply, improving customer understanding and hence, the likelihood to purchase. For example, a viewer’s rate of purchase after watching a product video rises an average of 64-85%.
This is especially true when it comes to personalized videos: unique videos that are customized for every recipient. A whopping 75% of late-stage prospects decide to purchase after receiving a personalized video–and personalized videos can increase overall conversions by 500%.
Quick tip: Visible calls to action within videos increase engagement and conversion chances.
Video messages offer a wealth of personalization opportunities to enhance customer engagement. Instead of just personalizing the first names or company names within an email, the best personalized video software allows you to add endless variability.
You can go as in-depth, or as general as you like. Take a look at these examples you can personalize with the AI video generator Tavus:
- Tailored greeting: Good morning, @first_name!
- Quote response: Please note your quote of @quote_amount expires in @quote_period days. If you have any questions, please reach out.
- Date reminder: This is a friendly reminder of your upcoming appointment on @appointment_date.
- Product check-in: It’s been @time_passed since you purchased the @purchased_product, and we wanted to see how you’re going.
- Personalized CTAs: We hope to hear from you soon @first_name! You can schedule a call with us right now.
Tailoring videos to individual interests and needs based on previous interactions means you’re providing relevant communication that makes your customers feel valued. For instance, if they’ve purchased a product or left a positive review, send them a video promoting other products that you know they’ll love, or let them in on special deals. We all love a unique coupon code!
Some other personalized videos you might send include:
- A welcome to new customers
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Product updates and new product announcements
- Reminders that they left products in their cart and encourage them to checkout
- A thank you note for their purchase inviting them to leave a review
The best personalized video software allows content personalization based on customer behavior and preferences, boosting engagement, loyalty, and retention.
Easy to Share
You can send video messages via email, social media, SMS, and more. This ease of dissemination across multiple platforms opens up opportunities for virality, thereby gaining more brand visibility.
Video messages can be instrumental in brand building thanks to their dynamic and immersive nature. They allow businesses to communicate their identity, values, and mission effectively to help create a lasting impact.
Videos introducing team members, showing behind-the-scenes, or featuring testimonials add a relatable human element to the brand and the incorporation of brand colors, logos, and storytelling in videos reinforces brand identity and fosters emotional connections.
Access to Video Metrics
Sending video messages and tracking their progress provides valuable data. It aids in the evaluation and optimization of your video messaging strategy and provides feedback on engagement, reach, and the overall performance of your videos. By measuring click-through rates and conversions, you can also track the return on investment and assess the direct impact of your videos.
Analysis of trends over time allows continual refinement of your content strategy. Additionally, comparing various video metrics can help determine which content resonates best with your audience.
Read more video marketing statistics here.
Video Messaging Use Cases
Let’s take a look at some areas where video messaging can make an impact.
Sales & Marketing Outreach and Follow Up
Video marketing software is used by sales and marketing teams for a myriad of reasons to increase engagement and interest in products or services. Video messages help sales reps and marketers express their personalities, fostering trust with potential buyers.
Product demonstrations through video help potential customers visualize how they would use your product, while personalized video messages provide memorable follow-ups, helping customers to progress down the sales funnel.
For example, let’s say you have warm prospects who liked your product, but the timing wasn’t quite right. When it’s time to check back in with them, use Tavus to send a video addressing each of them by name that reminds them of the specific product, give them any updates, and check whether you could be of service.
And no, you don’t have to record a new video for every recipient. Using advanced artificial intelligence, real media blending, and HD voice cloning and lip syncing, you get a hyper-realistic video customized for every prospect.
These videos grab attention, deepen connections–and could be just the push needed to convert that prospect into a customer.
Onboarding & Customer Success
Try creating videos for each step of the onboarding process. For instance, if you are in the hospitality industry and run a hotel, you could send a welcome video to guests as soon as they book. Or once they check in, they may receive a video notifying them of the amenities, their open hours, and other key details. As their visit draws to a close, send a video detailing the check-out process, thank them for their stay, and invite them to return.
These video messages can play a crucial role in maintaining customer engagement and mitigating churn. Want to see even better success? Personalize your video messages for every recipient to exponentially increase your response rates, conversion rates, and email click-through rates.
Video messaging amplifies the power of customer testimonials by providing an authentic, relatable, and engaging format. Video testimonials enhance trust by showcasing real customers and their experiences while adding depth with dynamic storytelling about how your product solves their challenges.
They can also offer visual demonstrations of product usage, influencing prospective customers' understanding. Further, video testimonials tend to engage more viewers and can be easily shared across social platforms, expanding their reach.
Product videos are vital marketing tools that illustrate product features, uses, and value propositions. They not only showcase features but also narrate the benefits of a product, helping customers visualize the product's utility in their own lives.
But they aren’t only for marketing purposes. Videos can also serve as detailed guides for product usage, helping to streamline the customer onboarding experience. They allow for a display of brand personality and values you want to resonate with customers.
As you follow your customers’ journeys, send out a video at each programmatic touchpoint. Celebrate their milestones, or send a video of encouragement and support if they experience a setback. Help them thrive every step of the way!
In the dynamic and remote workplace, effective internal communication is crucial. Video messaging can play a transformative role in this aspect by facilitating better team coordination and providing a visually compelling medium to present new ideas.
They can aid in on-demand training, employee development programs, quick project updates, and more. Sending a video message to your team instead of requiring a team meeting is not only faster but also allows your team to be more efficient.
But don’t stop there. Regular video messages from leaders can foster unity, alignment, and motivation within the team. For feedback and performance appraisals, video messages add a personal touch, leading to more meaningful conversations.
Send personalized video messages to your staff during the holiday season, thanking them for their hard work and achievements. Send them a video on their birthday to wish them well. The possibilities are endless!
Best Video Messaging Platforms
The right video tool can make all the difference in how efficiently and effectively you create and utilize video content. Let’s explore some of the best video messaging platforms to assist you in making an informed decision for your business.
Tavus is a revolutionary AI-driven video personalization platform specializing in creating personalized videos on a scalable level. With Tavus, you only need to record a single video, and its cutting-edge AI uses voice cloning and HD lip-syncing to generate thousands of unique, personalized videos.
With its customizable templates, real media blending, and user-friendly landing pages, producing videos that inspire engagement and drive conversions is now at your fingertips.
Here’s how it works:
1. Record your message. This initial video will become the template from which Tavus will create subsequent personalized videos.
2. Define the variables in your template that change for each recipient (just like the examples we showed above).
3. Gather your custom data in a data file, upload it to the platform, and let Tavus do its magic. It generates a unique video for each dataset using the information you provided, whether that’s a recipient’s first name, their place of work, their role, or anything else!
4. Or, leverage the dynamic triggering capabilities of Tavus to dispatch videos based on actions taken by the recipient. With over 100 marketing, sales, e-commerce, and communication platform integrations, Tavus can send out as many videos as you need through multiple programmatic touchpoints–without any additional input from you.
Create engaging, bespoke videos for various marketing channels, such as LinkedIn, email, and SMS. Beyond marketing and sales, Tavus can also be leveraged to generate follow-up videos for employees, respond to job applications, or celebrate customer milestones. Integrating Tavus into every workflow can transform ordinary touchpoints into extraordinary experiences.
- Advanced AI audio engine makes your text-to-speech sound just like you
- AI facial cloning, HD lip syncing, and real media blending create ultra-realistic AI videos
- Integration with hundreds of tools, software, and social media channels
- Track unique video views, total video views, unique landing page impressions, total landing page impressions, and CTA conversions
- Customizable templates, personalized video backgrounds, and custom landing pages with embeddable CTAs
- Easily scale from one to one million. Record one video and Tavus will personalize as many as you need.
For those who believe in the power of personalized videos to engage audiences and build genuine connections, Tavus is the perfect, scalable solution.
Bombbomb aims to help businesses build relationships through email, text, and video messages. It includes a range of features designed to make video messaging accessible and effective for businesses.
- Video & Screen Recording: Users can record and send video messages.
- Video Email: Embeds videos directly into emails.
- Email Tracking: Users receive real-time alerts when someone opens an email or views a video and details on who watches them and for how long.
- Pre-Built Templates: Provides email templates for customization.
- GIF Thumbnails: Receive a 3-second animated preview for each video.
- Integrations: Integrates with a range of CRM and email platforms.
- Video Playlists: Users can create curated video playlists and then share a series of videos with one shareable link.
Loom allows users to record video messages through their desktop or mobile app, or their Chrome extension. Users can record their screen, their camera, or both, and then send out the videos via a link.
- Screen and Webcam Recording: Users record their screen and/or a webcam to use individually or simultaneously.
- Video Trimming and Stitching: Users can edit unwanted parts from their videos.
- Instant Sharing: Loom can be shared via direct URLs, social media, or via Hootsuite.
- Real-Time Notifications and Performance Tracking: Loom updates users so they know when someone watches their video and for how long.
- Custom Branding: Users can create personalized landing pages with their own logos and branding style.
- Integrations: Integrations exist for popular communication and CRM platforms
Learn more here: Vidyard vs Loom
Improve Your Video Messaging ROI
Video messaging can drive engagement, retention, and conversions. But to access these benefits, teams need a tool that can help them scale personalized video messaging without using up all their time.
The right software? Tavus. Tavus’ AI-driven platform allows you to transcend standard outreach and create lasting connections in a fraction of the time. It can take one recorded video and turn it into millions–delivering a personalized connection to every customer at any touchpoint in the customer journey.
Break free from time-consuming tasks, focus on strategies that truly matter, and scale in the blink of an eye. It's time to revolutionize your video messages and drive engagement and conversions in ways you've never thought possible.